|
|
King Charles ‘under pressure’ as aides give verdict on Prince Andrew
Prince Andrew’s days as a member of the days may be numbered as the disgraced royal is unable to shrug off the impact of his slew of scandals.
King Charles had already told his errant brother and his wife, Sarah Ferguson, to remain “invisible” at the forthcoming annual Christmas celebration at the Sandringham estate. However, the monarch may be expected to take a much more serious action as Palace aides believe that there is no more room to salvage Andrew.
The Palace believes that the least Andrew and Fergie are doing is to “uninvite themselves” but they admit that they they lack new “levers” to apply pressure on them or any other punishment.
“There is exasperation and frustration at new revelations and that there is nothing much more that can be done,” a Palace aide told The Sun, after Andrew’s latest emails to Jeffery Epstein reveal that he did in fact lie about cutting ties with the financier.
“Everything that can be done has been.”
Andrew was stripped of his royal and military titles along with patronages in 2022 after his ties to Epstein were exposed and his sex scandal settlement with Virginia Giuffre. Moreover, King Charles cut off Andrew’s funding last year.
However, he still holds his “cast-iron” lease to stay in Royal Lodge, Windsor, until 2078.
Prince Andrew claimed that he cut off all ties with Epstein in December 2010 during his 2019 interview with Emily Maitlis at Newsnight.
However, The Daily Mail revealed that Andrew had sent an email to the financier on February 28, 2011 – one day after the infamous photo emerged of him with Virginia Giuffre emerged.
“I’m just as concerned for you! Don’t worry about me! It would seem we are in this together and will have to rise above it,” he wrote in the email. “Otherwise keep in close touch and we’ll play some more soon!!!!”
While concluding his message, he used royal titles, “A, HRH The Duke of York, KG.” |
|